What do boat valuers look at during a Boat Valuation?
When NZ Marine Valuations provide yacht and
When enquiring about a valuation, help us to help you, please enter your mobile number. Thank you
Basis of Valuation
The basis of valuation is Market Value in accordance with the current Property Institute of New Zealand (PINZ) standards. PINZ has adopted the International Valuation Standards Committee. (IVSC) based in London;
Buyers and sellers need a boat valuation.
Whether you’re looking to buy a powerboat, to sell your muchloved old fishing boat or to trade one megayacht for another, you will need an accurate boat value. If you are looking for a valuation in order to get financial assistance for a purchase then knowledge of these faults is vital as it may cost you more to repair than you wish to spend. As a seller, you may wish to make these repairs in order to enhance your chance of a successful sale.
What the boat valuer does during a boat inspection
- We observe the vessel and take photographs inside and outside.
- We view the initial appearance and condition of the boat. How it is perceived is very important for the valuation process.
- We walk around the topsides (where practical), followed by the interior and record points of interest as well as the boat’s layout.
- We then observe below the underfoot (where accessible) and check whether it appears to be maintained.
- We require an inventory and specification, electrical and electronics, and safety equipment to be included in the valuation.
A backgroundof the vessel, including matters of interest to enable a picture to be formed. We depend on the information that an owner supplies and ask questions as you are ‘trying to sell the vessel’. This is a key factor in arriving at the value and we want to get it right. Finallywe observe areas which will require expenditure. We depend on the information that you are requested to provide – the more information the better. We base on the boat’s value on all information provided and the more the better.
What other influences guide a boat valuer?
Trust our valuation of your boat
Contact Us For Your Valuation
To send us an enquiry please fill in the following form, and we will endeavour to reply within 24 hours.